Friday, October 5, 2012

She's here!

One of the most incredible experiences of our lives . . .
In the hospital, right before I was induced. So excited to become parents!

Ava Florence Sorensen. Born Friday, September 28, 2012 at 5:54 am. 6 lbs, 8 oz  and 20 inches of perfection. 

Ava was a week overdue, but that was probably a good thing! After waiting anxiously for a week, thinking oh! it could be today! and having another day pass . . . we went in so I could be induced. After a dose of medicine to help me dilate, I went into contractions, pushed about 5 times, and out she came! Well, that whole process took a few hours--a relatively short 6 and a half hours in which time seemed to go so quickly for both Tom and I. 

Right after she was born . . . and a few seconds before I started bawling. What an overwhelming, transcendent feeling to have your baby finally in your arms and to see her sweet face, and to think-- wow, this is my daughter and I love her so much. She is so beautiful. 

One of the first daddy daughter moments. what a proud papa!

Baby girl all snuggled up. 

My morning sunshine. 

Heading out of the hospital for home!

Perfect. 

The most beautiful baby girl in the world. 


3 comments:

Jamie said...

congrats! we are so happy for you two - we would love to come see her (we will leave ours at home of course!) - please tell Tom hi. We really would love to see you guys.

Molly said...

Yay congratulations!! She is so cute and I love her name!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I'm glad the labor went well for you and you are all healthy and doing well. We can't wait to see you soon and meet beautiful baby Ava!