Thursday, November 13, 2008

#53

To many people this came as a surprise, but for Tom and I this is the end of something that has been fun, challenging, frustrating, and great. Tom is gradutating after this season, and so it is his final season of football. It was really exciting to have him honored at senior day at his last home game in Lavell Edwards Stadium.
Tom is part of a senior class that has never lost a game at home. Way to go Cougars!

Tom has come a long way, and I am very proud of him. From being a nationally ranked center in high school, to a freshman All-American and All-SEC Freshman Team Selection his freshman year at Vanderbilt, to playing here in Provo for the BYU Cougars, Tom has worked very hard. Although these past couple of years have been challenging, with knee injuries to overcome as well as shoulder injuries, it has been a special time in Tom's life that I have been grateful to share. Tom has grown and learned so much, made a lot of friends, and has been an example for not just me, but for so many people. He is so talented, and I am so proud of him.

We are now excited to continue on and explore some of our other talents, off the football field. We are both very happy and excited for what the future holds, and are very grateful for this wonderful experience. We are also grateful for the coaches and supporters along the way that helped Tom to become the great player and person that he is. Thank you for all of your kindness and support.
I know there are others of you who will be missing this cute butt out there on the field in those sexy stretchy pants . . . .

9 comments:

alpinekleins said...

This is so cute! I love the photos! If you're ever in the neighborhood . . . come say "hi"

Sis. Klein

Elyse said...

Found you through Matt and Ashley. I was interested in what the number meant so I clicked. What a sweet post. Looks like you have a great hubby by your side. I work with football boys at my local college so this post really made me go "aww." My dad played college ball too, in TX that is. Wonderful post :)

~Elyse~

You Don't Know Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reed and Hailey said...

Hi Tom and Whitney!
I'm glad you found our blog....I'm kind of a blog slacker but I'm trying to be better. I hope all is going well for you two! We'll see you Saturday! Congrats on Tom graduating.

love,
The Whites

cougar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cougar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Congrats to Tom on graduating! BYU will miss him, but it must be exciting for you both to see what's next :-) You two are such a great couple!

cougar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BCS Utes 2008 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.